Microsoft KB Archive/247188
PSS ID Number: 247188
Article Last Modified on 6/24/2004
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition
This article was previously published under Q247188
This article describes how to set up a Visual InterDev 6.0 Project for debugging a Commerce Server store.
- Install Visual InterDev Server on the Web server where your Commerce store is installed. The Setup program for Visual InterDev Server is located on the Visual Studio 6.0 compact disc # 2 in the \VID_SS directory.
- Click Start, click Run, and then type "Dcomcnfg" (without the quotation marks. Modify the catalog class and machine debug manager applications as follows:
- Click the Applications tab, select the catalog class from the list of applications, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, and then edit access permissions by adding the following accounts or groups: yourself, administrators, iusr, iwam, system, interactive.
- Click the Identity tab and choose The interactive user.
- Repeat the procedure for the Machine Debug Manager application.
- To set up a Visual InterDev project for debugging, start Visual InterDev, and then do the following:
- Open a New Web Project. (From the File menu, click New Project, and then choose New Web Project.) Type in the name of the project, and then click Open.
- In step 1 of the Web Project Wizard, enter the name of the Web server where your Commerce store is located, and then select Master mode. Click Next.
- In step 2 of the Web Project Wizard, choose the Connect to an existing Web application on <server> option, and then select your Commerce store virtual directory from the drop-down list. Click Finish.
- You may be prompted with a pop-up message that asks if you want to install the Visual InterDev Scripting Library. If you need to debug DTCs, then you may want to choose "Yes." It is not necessary to install the Visual InterDev Scripting Library to debug any of the sample Commerce Server stores.
- When your project has been created, right-click the Default.asp page in the Project Explorer, and then choose the Set as Start Page option.
- To debug the store in the context of this Visual InterDev Project, click the Start menu option on the Debug menu. This will start the Start page (Default.asp).
Additional query words: VID SS3 SSCOMM
Keywords: kbhowto KB247188
Technology: kbAudDeveloper kbSiteServ300 kbSiteServ300Search kbSiteServSearch