Microsoft KB Archive/246968
Article ID: 246968
Article Last Modified on 3/1/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q246968
This article discusses network adapter fault tolerance support in Windows 2000.
The network adapter drivers included with Windows 2000 do not support the fault tolerance functionality of certain network adapters because:
- The drivers do not include the layered miniport driver needed for this functionality to work.
- The drivers require a Setup program and a non-standard user interface that are usually provided by third-party driver manufacturers.
For additional information about network adapter fault tolerance, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171415 Network Adapter Fault Tolerance for Windows NT 4.0
Keywords: kbhardware kbinfo KB246968