Microsoft KB Archive/246924
Article ID: 246924
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
This article was previously published under Q246924
When you attempt to publish from a UNIX server to a server running on a Windows-based operating system, the following error message appears:
UNIX is a case sensitive operating system. For example, mypage.htm and MyPage.htm are completely different files and may exist in the same folder.
Windows-based operating systems are not case sensitive. For example, mypage.htm and MyPage.htm are the same file name and cannot both be published to the same destination.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Open the Web on the UNIX server and rename the files listed in the message.
- If you are prompted to update hyperlinks, click Yes.
- Republish the Web to your Windows server.
For additional information, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
216746 FPSE2000: Uppercase Links to Files Are Broken Publishing to UNIX Server
219192 FP2000: Publishing to UNIX May Produce Broken Hyperlinks
Additional query words: front page fp2k
Keywords: kbprb KB246924