Microsoft KB Archive/246825
Article ID: 246825
Article Last Modified on 7/15/2004
- Microsoft COM+ 1.0
This article was previously published under Q246825
This article provides steps for configuring your component as a COM+ queued component.
To configure a component as a COM+ queued component, follow these steps:
- Install the component in a COM+ application.
- Navigate to the component's interfaces. Select the interface you want to enable for queuing, right-click on the component and select Properties.
- Select the Queuing tab and select the Queued attribute. (If the attribute is disabled, see below for more information).
- Select OK to close the Properties window.
- Navigate to the COM+ application your component is in. Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Select the Queuing tab and select the properties for Queued and Listen.
- Select OK to close the property sheet for the application.
Now you can call your objects using Queued Components.
If your interface happens to have the Queued attribute disabled check that it doesn't have any functions with OUT parameters, or any Function, Property Get method or ByRef parameter (which is the default in Visual Basic). Since the queued function calls should be "one way', interfaces that return values back are not allowed for queuing.
There are more settings you can specify for your objects which will set the way they handle exceptions or errors. See the "References" section for more information.
For more detailed information about Queuing exception handling and other issues, see the Queued Components documentation on the following MSDN Web site:
Additional query words: QC COM+ VB
Keywords: kbhowto kbcomplusqc KB246825