Microsoft KB Archive/246623
Article ID: 246623
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Transaction Services 2.0
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246623
When administering components in Windows 2000, you might want to add an Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) 2.0 computer to the "Computers" list. However, when attempting to open the "COM+ Applications" folder, you might see the following error:
The COM+ Component Services Snap-in was not designed to administer MTS 2.0 computers.
If you need to remotely administer the server, you can either use a remote administration tool such as system management software (SMS) or develop active server pages (ASP) pages that use the MTS Administration objects to perform the tasks you need. The MTS 2.0 Snap-in does not work under Windows 2000.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open The Component Services Snap-in , by selecting the Start button, Programs, Administrative Tools and then Component Services.
- Locate the Computers folder, right-click it and select New and then Computer.
- Type in the name of an MTS 2.0 computer and select OK.
- Try navigating to the recently added computer's tree.
For additional information, see the following article or articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
246624 Cannot administer COM+ Applications from Windows NT4 MTS 2.0 Services Snap-in
Additional query words: MTS COM+ Component Services Snap-In MMC Windows 2000 NT4 Option Pack
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbsysadmin KB246623