Microsoft KB Archive/246602
Article ID: 246602
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246602
If you run the Pfadmin.exe utility with the setacl' switch by using the following command '
your_profile" setacl "
the command may not work and the following error message may be displayed:
This problem can occur if you use a profile that was created with Outlook 2000 in the syntax of the Pfadmin.exe command. Typically, this problem only occurs if you use a profile from an Outlook 2000 client that was upgraded from Microsoft Outlook 98 and had existing Outlook 98 profiles.
To work around this problem, either use an Outlook 98 workstation, or use an Outlook 98 profile on an Outlook 2000 workstation.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- Create two test mailboxes. Name them "Test MB1" and "Test MB2."
- Verify that Outlook 2000 is installed on the test workstation.
- Log on as the service account, or an account that has similar permissions.
- Create a new Outlook profile. Name it "OL2000 Profile" and point it to the Test MB1 mailbox.
- Start Outlook by using the newly created profile.
- Click to expand Public Folders, click to expand All Public Folders, and then create a new folder named PFAdmin Test.
- Quit and log off from Outlook.
- At a command prompt, change to the folder where the Pfadmin.exe utility is located, and then type the following:
pfadmin "OL2000 Profile" setacl "PFAdmin Test" "Test MB2" PA
- This command attempts to grant the Test MB2 mailbox the role of Publishing Author (PA). However, the command does not work and the following error message is displayed:
Additional query words: OL2000
Keywords: kbprb KB246602