Microsoft KB Archive/246352
Article ID: 246352
Article Last Modified on 11/27/1999
- Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q246352
After you upgrade to Small Business Server (SBS) version 4.5, existing SBS client computers may continually repeat the client program Setup process after every reboot and logon to the server.
This occurs even though the connection, logon, and client program Setup process initially finished successfully in SBS 4.0 or 4.0a.
This behavior can occur if only the Read permission is set for the C:\SmallBusiness\Clients\Response folder and subfolders for the Domain Users group.
To resolve this issue, change the permissions for the Domain Users group to Full Access:
- In Windows Explorer, locate the Small Business\Clients\Response folder on the server.
- Right-click the Response folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click Permissions, and then assign Full Control permission to the Domain Users group.
- Click to select the Replace Permissions on Subdirectories check box, and then click OK.
Additional query words: smallbiz repeating app application
Keywords: kbenv kbsetup kbprb KB246352