Microsoft KB Archive/246339
Article ID: 246339
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 3
This article was previously published under Q246339
In the Exchange Server Administrator program, if you click the Servers container, click either Private Information Store or Public Information Store, click the Logons tab, and then add the Host Address field, that field may be blank.
The Host Address field helps determine the IP address of clients that connect by using Internet clients, such as Microsoft Outlook Express.
This field is only used to display the Internet Protocol (IP) address of Internet Protocol clients, such as Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3), Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP), and Internet Message Access Protocol Version 4rev1 (IMAP4) clients. This field does not display the IP addresses of remote procedure call (RPC) clients, such as Microsoft Outlook 97, Microsoft Outlook 98, Microsoft Outlook 2000, or the Microsoft Exchange Client version 4.0 or 5.0.
Additional query words: admin empty column
Keywords: kbinfo KB246339