Microsoft KB Archive/246276
Article ID: 246276
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246276
When you try to administer a remote server running Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 from a local server also running Exchange Server 5.5, the Directory service may not respond on either server. Event Viewer may record the following event on both servers, with each server referencing the other:
This behavior can occur when the Directory service experiences a remote procedure call (RPC) lock with the remote Exchange server.
To resolve this behavior, follow these instructions in this exact order:
- Stop the Exchange Server services on the local server.
- Stop the Exchange Server services on the remote server.
- Restart the local server, allowing the Exchange Server services to start up automatically.
- Restart the remote server, allowing the Exchange Server services to start up automatically.
Additional query words: RPC remote procedure call ping
Keywords: kbprb KB246276