Microsoft KB Archive/175233
Article ID: 175233
Article Last Modified on 1/22/2007
- Microsoft SideWinder Game Device software
- Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro
- Microsoft SideWinder Game Controller software 4.0
This article was previously published under Q175233
When you test the SideWinder Force Feedback Pro joystick using the Test tab in the Game Controllers tool in Control Panel, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- The Test tab display may be slow or may not respond.
- The pointing device may not respond correctly.
These symptoms can occur if you are using a MIDI splitter cable to connect the Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro to the game port.
To resolve this behavior, connect the SideWinder Force Feedback Pro directly to the game port. Do not use a MIDI splitter cable.
Additional query words: sluggish erratic drags
Keywords: kbhardware KB175233