Microsoft KB Archive/175155
Article ID: 175155
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 2.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0
This article was previously published under Q175155
When you try to start a service (for example, the FTP Publishing Service) either from the Services applet in Control Panel or from a command prompt, you may get one of the following error messages:
From the Services Applet
From the Command Prompt
The service that you are trying to start has been disabled for the current hardware profile.
To resolve this issue you need to enable the service using the following steps for your operating system:
For Windows NT 4.0:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Services icon.
- Select the service that you are trying to start and click HW Profiles.
- Select the current hardware profile and click Enable.
- Click OK.
You can now start the service manually or by setting it to Automatic.
For Windows 2000:
- Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Administrative Tools icon.
- Double-click the Computer Management icon.
- Expand Services and Applications.
- Click on Services.
- Double-click the service you wish to enable and set it to automatic or manual.
Additional query words: prodnt profiles iis
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB175155