Microsoft KB Archive/174982
Article ID: 174982
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003
- Microsoft Project 2002 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Project 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174982
In Microsoft Project, if you use OLE links between both Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel, Project may not close when you exit Project.
Microsoft Project is not able to fully close because Excel attempts to maintain the OLE link (Paste Link) to the project file. This behavior occurs when there is a Paste Link from Microsoft Project to Excel and from Excel to Microsoft Project.
Close the Microsoft Excel file before closing Microsoft Project.
Additional query words: PRJ2002 PRJ2003 PRJ2007 prj2000
Keywords: kbbug kbinterop kbpending KB174982