Microsoft KB Archive/174899
Article ID: 174899
Article Last Modified on 5/24/2007
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174899
If you use a Canon BJC-610 printer and install the updated printer driver for Cannon Bubble Jet series printers (Nt4bjc2.exe), you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- You may be unable to print.
- You are unable to print a test page or document after you restart the computer.
- You are unable to print if you restart the computer and then attempt to print a test page from any program.
- The printer may appear to be printing, but the print job does not print.
- The printed output may be garbled.
To resolve this problem, use one or more of the following methods:
- If the printer is connected to an enhanced capabilities port (ECP) or enhanced parallel port (EPP), enable bi-directional support for the port in the computer's CMOS.
NOTE: Refer to the computer's documentation or manufacturer before you change the CMOS settings.
- Do not turn the printer on until Windows NT is started. If the error light on the printer turns on, put the printer back on-line and then click Retry when you are prompted.
- Remove the printer driver and then reinstall the original driver.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
The printer driver installs normally and the printer appears to function properly until you restart the computer, and then print a test page or document.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
TITLE : Updated Cannon Bubble Jet drivers for Windows NT 4.0
To print a test page in Windows NT, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to settings, and then click Printers.
- Right-click the printer you are using, and then click Properties.
- On the General Tab, click Print Test Page.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords: kbprint KB174899