Microsoft KB Archive/174623
Article ID: 174623
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q174623
After you upgrade Windows NT to support a second processor, you may receive either of the following error messages:
- If the Operating System is on a file allocation table (FAT) partition, you receive the following error message:
- If the Operating System is on a NTFS file system (NTFS) partition:
This behavior can be caused by a file mismatch between the files from Windows NT and those from an installed Service Pack.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
If You Have Not Yet Restarted After the Upgrade
Reapply the latest Service Pack before you restart the computer.
If You Have Already Restarted After the Upgrade
Refer to the following article.
For additional information about which files to replace, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
156358 How to Manually Add Support for a Second Processor
Additional query words: hal.dll
Keywords: kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB174623