Microsoft KB Archive/174612
PSS ID Number: 174612
Article Last Modified on 8/27/2002
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Excel 97 for Windows
This article was previously published under Q174612
In Microsoft Excel 97, if you close the Stop Recording toolbar while you are recording a macro, the next time you start recording, the Stop Recording toolbar does not appear.
If the Stop Recording toolbar does not appear when you begin recording a macro, display it (as the last steps) while you record the macro. To display the Stop Recording toolbar while you record the macro, follow these steps:
- On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Stop Recording.
The Stop Recording toolbar appears.
- Perform any additional actions that you want to record in the macro.
- On the Stop Recording toolbar, click the Stop Recording button.
- On the Tools menu, point to Macro, and then click Macros.
- Click the macro name that you recorded and click Edit.
Delete the following line from the macro:
Application.CommandBars("Stop Recording").Visible = True
NOTE: This line is recorded by displaying the Stop Recording toolbar in step 3 and must be deleted.
For more information about recording macros, click Contents and Index on the Help menu, click the Index tab in Excel Help, type the following text
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Record a macro" topic. If you are unable to find the information you need, ask the Office Assistant.
Additional query words: XL97 stop button record
Keywords: kbprb kbProgramming KB174612
Technology: kbExcel97Search kbExcelSearch kbExcelWinSearch kbZNotKeyword3