Microsoft KB Archive/174280
Article ID: 174280
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174280
When downloading Microsoft Outlook 97 appointments to the Timex Data Link watch, you cannot set the alarm to the exact time of the appointment. If you set the alarm to zero minutes beforehand, the alarm will sound 30 minutes before the appointment time.
The Timex Data Link software for Outlook overrides any alarm time set for an appointment in Outlook. The alarm time set in the watch applies to all appointments. You cannot set alarm times differently for individual appointments.
There is no way to set the alarm exactly at the appointment time with the Timex Datalink software for Outlook. The nearest possible alarm time to the appointment time is 5 minutes before.
To Set the Alarm Time in the Data Link Software
- On the File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click to select "Export to the Timex Data Link watch" and then click Next.
- Click to select Appointments and then click Next.
- Click to select the number of days of appointments desired.
- Click to select "Set reminders for 0 minutes beforehand" and then click Next.
- Complete the Export to Watch Wizard.
Results: The alarm will sound 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment time.
NOTE: To set the alarm as near as possible to the schedule appointment time, click to select 5 minutes beforehand in step 6, above.
Keywords: kbinfo KB174280