Microsoft KB Archive/174088
Article ID: 174088
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174088
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you try to register the Microsoft Web Browser control by using the ActiveX Controls dialog box, you may receive the following error message:
Use the Regsvr32.exe utility to register the control.
For information about how to obtain Regsvr32.exe, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
161983 ACC: Regsv32a.exe Available in Download Center
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- Create a new, blank form and open the form in Design view.
- On the Tools menu, click ActiveX Controls.
- In the ActiveX Controls dialog box, select Microsoft Web Browser Control, and then click Register.
- In the ActiveX Control dialog box, follow these steps:
- In the List Files Of Type box, select Libraries(*.dll).
- In the Directories box, browse to C:\Windows\System.
- In the File Name box, select shdocvw.dll, and then click Open.
Note that you receive the error message described in the "Symptoms" section.
For more information about the Web Browser control, search the Help Index for "web sites, Microsoft WebBrowser control," or ask the Microsoft Access 97 Office Assistant.
Additional query words: Shdocvw ActiveX controls c windows system shdocvw dll cannot be added
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB174088