Microsoft KB Archive/173970
How to Open a Game Device Profile in SideWinder Profile Editor
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft SideWinder Game Device software version 2.0
This article describes how to open a game device profile using the Microsoft SideWinder Game Device software version 2.0.
To Open a Game Device Profile
- Start SideWinder Profile Editor using one of the following methods:
- Right-click the Game Device Profiler icon on the taskbar, point to Open, and then click Microsoft SideWinder Profile Editor.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Hardware, point to SideWinder Game Devices, and then click SideWinder Profile Editor.
- In the Game Device Selection area, click the game device, and then click OK.
NOTE: If you have only one game device installed, you are not required to select the type of device. If this is the case, skip to step 3.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- Open the folder in which your game device profile is located (if it is not located in the default folder).
- Double-click the profile you want to open.
If SideWinder Profile Editor is not active, you can double-click a profile in Windows Explorer or in the SideWinder Profile Activator Profile column. This opens the profile and starts SideWinder Profile Editor.
NOTE: If SideWinder Profile Editor is active and you double-click a profile, SideWinder Profile Editor becomes the active program with the current profile loaded. The profile you double-clicked may not be the loaded profile.
Additional query words:
Keywords : sidewinder joystick
Version : WINDOWS:2.0
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type : kbhowto
Last Reviewed: August 9, 1999