Microsoft KB Archive/173698
Article ID: 173698
Article Last Modified on 5/29/2007
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q173698
This article describes two ways to manage history information:
- How to clear history items
- How to prevent history creation
How to Clear History Items
To clear history items, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Open History.
- On the Edit menu, click Select All.
- Drag the item(s) to the Trash.
- Close the History window.
Note that history is stored in the following file, which you can move or delete:
How to Prevent History Creation
To prevent history creation, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, click Preferences.
- Under Web Browser, click Advanced.
- In the "Remember the last <nnn> places visited" box, type 0 (zero). The default value is 500. Setting the value to 0 clears the existing history and prevents additional history from being created.
- Click OK.
Keywords: kbhowto KB173698