Microsoft KB Archive/173600
Article ID: 173600
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173600
In Microsoft Outlook 97, you can set up either the Inbox Assistant or the Rules Wizard to notify you of new mail. Meeting requests that are opened by clicking Yes, will not have the Accept, Decline, Tentative buttons available.
There are two ways to make the Accept, Decline, Tentative buttons available when using new mail notification:
- Choose No or Close on the new mail notification, switch to Outlook, and open the message from your Inbox.
- Instead of using the Inbox Assistant or the Rules Wizard, use the option to "Display a notification message" found on the E-mail tab of the Options item on the Tools menu. With this option you can click Yes on the notification to open the message and still have the Accept, Decline, Tentative buttons available.
To use the "Display a notification message" option, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the E-Mail tab, click to select "Display a notification message" and click OK.
- On the Calendar tab, click Advanced Scheduling.
- Click to deselect the three Automatic meeting request processing options.