Microsoft KB Archive/173362
Article ID: 173362
Article Last Modified on 11/18/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q173362
When using the SelPrint method to print a selection or the contents of a RichTextbox control, the entire text may not print.
To work around this problem, you can use API function calls to print the contents of the RichTextBox control.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Basic 6.0.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open a new "Standard EXE" project.
- Click Components on the Project menu. Check "Microsoft Rich TextBox Control 5.0," and click OK.
- Add a RichTextBox control and a CommandButton to Form1.
Add the following code to Form1:
Private Sub Command1_Click() Printer.Print "" RichTextBox1.SelPrint Printer.hDC False Printer.EndDoc End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() 'Add 100 lines of text to the RichTextBox control With RichTextBox1 .Text = "" For i = 1 to 100 .Text = .Text & i & Chr(10) Next End With End Sub
- Press the F5 key to run the application.
- Click Command1. Notice that all 100 lines are not printed.
For more information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
146022 : HOWTO: Set Up the RichTextBox Control for WYSIWYG Printing
Additional query words: text box rtf printing kbVBp500bug kbVBp600fix kbVBp kbdsd kbDSupport kbControl kbPrinting
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbgrpdsvb KB173362