Microsoft KB Archive/173232
Article ID: 173232
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Word 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 95a
This article was previously published under Q173232
When you insert a TITLE or INFO Title field into the header or footer of a Microsoft Word document, you may receive the following error message:
When you click Details, the following error message is displayed:
To work around this problem, type a Title description into the document properties, and then insert the Title field into the header or footer.
To add a Title description to your document, follow these steps:
- In your Word document, click Properties on the File menu.
- Click to select the Summary tab.
- In the Title box, type your Title description, and then click OK.
To insert the Title field, follow these steps:
- In your Word document, click Header And Footer on the View menu.
- On the Header And Footer toolbar, click the "Switch Between Header and Footer" button to change to the header or the footer.
- On the Insert menu, click Field.
- Under Field Names, click to select Title, and then click OK.
NOTE: Do not add text to the Title field. The Title field will use the Title text that you typed in the document Properties dialog box. You may also use the INFO Title field instead of the Title field.
This problem was corrected in Microsoft Word 97 for Windows.
For additional information about a similar problem, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
166391 WD95: Document Saved As Word 2.x Errors When Opened in Word 95
Additional query words: 7.0 7.00a word7 word95
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbfield KB173232