Microsoft KB Archive/173110
ActiveX Controls Are Downloaded Every Time You Connect to MSN
The information in this article applies to:
- The Microsoft Network versions 1.2, 1.3, 2.0
Every time you connect to MSN, The Microsoft Network, ActiveX controls may be downloaded to your computer.
The MSN connection may not download all of the ActiveX controls successfully.
To resolve this issue, manually download the ActiveX controls. To do so, follow these steps:
- Close all anti-virus and system monitoring programs. For information about closing anti-virus and system monitoring programs, consult the program's documentation or manufacturer.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type http://www.msn.com/default.asp, and then click OK.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download the necessary ActiveX controls.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
Additional query words:
Keywords : kbenv
Issue type :
Technology : kbMSNSearch kbMSN200 kbMSN130 kbMSN120
Last Reviewed: January 9, 2000