Microsoft KB Archive/173081
Article ID: 173081
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173081
When you import data into Microsoft Outlook 97 or when you use an Address Book as a data source for a mail merge with Microsoft Word, you may receive one of the following error messages:
The Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) files are not present or are incompatible versions for your Office program. For example, the ODBC files are not installed with the Microsoft Office 97 Small Business Edition; however, older versions of the files may be on your hard drive from older software.
The ODBC files are available in the Data Access Pack, in the ValuPack folder of the Microsoft Office 97 compact disc and the Office 97 Small Business Edition compact disc.
Follow these steps to install the correct files on your computer:
- Insert your Office 97 compact disc or Office 97 Small Business Edition compact disc in your CD-ROM drive. If the compact disc does not Autorun, right-click the Start button, click Explore, and then click your CD-ROM drive.
- Double-click the ValuPack folder.
- Double-click the Dataacc folder.
- Double-click Dataacc.exe to install the necessary files.
On the Help menu, point to Microsoft on the Web and click Free Stuff. On the Outlook Enhancements page, click Microsoft Data Access Pack, read the installation instructions, and then click Download Now.
For more information about ValuPack components, double-click to open the Valupk8.hlp Help file, in the ValuPack folder of your Office 97 or Office 97 Small Business Edition compact disc.
Keywords: kbprb KB173081