Microsoft KB Archive/172649
PSS ID Number: 172649
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft ActiMates Arthur 1.0
- Microsoft ActiMates Barney 1.0
- Microsoft ActiMates D.W. 1.0
- Microsoft ActiMates PC Pack 1.0
- Microsoft ActiMates PC Pack 2.0
- Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro
This article was previously published under Q172649
This article describes how to configure the TeleVideo TeleWave Q32/SRS sound card for use with Microsoft ActiMates characters and the ActiMates PC Pack, or the Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro joystick.
This information was tested with the following sound card driver:
TeleVideo TeleWave Q32/SRS
Driver version tested: 4.10
For information about how to configure your TeleVideo TeleWave Q32/SRS sound card for use with ActiMates products or the SideWinder Force Feedback Pro joystick, please see the "930 Chipset" section of the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
172697 ActiMates/SideWinder: Configuring Opti Sound Cards
The TeleVideo TeleWave Q32/SRS sound card uses the Opti 930 audio chipset.
To add or update the Televideo TeleWave drivers, use the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add New Hardware.
- Click Next.
- Click No, and then click Next.
- Click Sound, Video And Game Controllers, click Next, and then click Have Disk.
- Type the path to where the updated driver files are located, and then click OK.
- Click the TeleVideo TeleWave Q32/SRS sound card, and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. If you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
While the computer is restarting, you are asked if you want to load the real mode drivers for MS-DOS. You do not need to install MS-DOS drivers unless you boot to a command prompt to use applications that require sound, or you use MS-DOS based games that don't operate properly in an MS-DOS window. You can load the real mode drivers later if you are not sure if you need them now.
After Windows has restarted, audio and game port drivers should be listed under Sound, Video And Game Controllers in Device Manager.
The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
For information about how to solve problems related to Microsoft ActiMates characters, use the ActiMates Troubleshooter located at the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: actimate acti mate mates acta barnie actamate actamates side winder forcefeedback feed back joystick stick sw swff dw kbimu actimates acti-mates
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbHardware kbhowto kbsound KB172649
Technology: _IKkbbogus kbActimatesArthur kbActimatesBarney kbActimatesDW kbActimatesPCPk kbActimatesSearch kbHomeProdSearch kbMSHardwareSearch kbSideWinderFFPro kbSidewinderSearch kbZNotKeyword