Microsoft KB Archive/172586
Article ID: 172586
Article Last Modified on 6/13/2001
- Microsoft Windows 95
This article was previously published under Q172586
This article describes how to check the version number of the DirectX drivers installed on your computer.
Check DirectX Driver Versions
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of programs on the Install/Uninstall tab, double-click DirectX Drivers.
NOTE: If DirectX Drivers is not an available option, run Dxsetup.exe from your game CD.
- When the DirectX Setup program appears, note the lines for Audio Driver and Display Driver.
- Note the version numbers and note whether it is marked Certified or No Hardware Support.
Additional query words: imuwr kbdwi troubleshooting
Keywords: kbhowto kbusage KB172586