Microsoft KB Archive/172443
Article ID: 172443
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172443
When running Microsoft Outlook 97, you my get the following error message when trying to move an item from a shared folder:
This happens under the following conditions:
- You are using the Microsoft Mail information service.
- The Microsoft Mail post office has a shared folder to which you have full permissions.
- You are using a custom designed form containing added controls.
- You are using one of the following versions of Outlook:
Microsoft Outlook 97, version 8.0.
Microsoft Outlook 97, version 8.02, applied as a patch to version 8.0.
Steps to Move the Item
- Open the item you want to move.
- Make a slight modification to any of the controls on the form (such as moving it on the form).
- From the File menu, click Save. This returns the following message:
Your changes could not be saved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in this folder. Do you want to save a copy of this item in the default folder for the item?
- Click Yes in answer to the message above. This creates a copy of the item in the Inbox.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- In Outlook, move to a Shared Folder for which you have full permissions.
- On the Compose menu, click "New Post in This Folder."
- On the Tools menu, click Design Outlook Form.
- On the Form menu, click Control Toolbox.
- Click and drag several controls to the (P.2) tab.
- On the File menu, click Save, then close the item.
- Try to move the newly created item to a folder in your personal folder file(PST).
RESULT: You receive the error message in the SUMMARY section above.
Keywords: kberrmsg KB172443