Microsoft KB Archive/172342
Article ID: 172342
Article Last Modified on 11/23/2006
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172342
When you scroll through a list box on a worksheet or a UserForm, you may not be able to scroll to the last item in the list.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The height of the list box is too small to display the entire list at one time. -and-
- The last item in the list is not displayed; for example, the last item may not be displayed if you scroll to the top of the list. -and-
- You run a macro to change the height of the list box while the last item in the list is not displayed.
Microsoft provides programming examples for illustration only, without warranty either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. This article assumes that you are familiar with the programming language being demonstrated and the tools used to create and debug procedures. Microsoft support professionals can help explain the functionality of a particular procedure, but they will not modify these examples to provide added functionality or construct procedures to meet your specific needs. If you have limited programming experience, you may want to contact a Microsoft Certified Partner or the Microsoft fee-based consulting line at (800) 936-5200. For more information about Microsoft Certified Partners, please visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about the support options that are available and about how to contact Microsoft, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
To work around this problem, use either of the following methods:
- Scroll to the last item in the list box before you run a macro that increases the height of the list box. -or-
If you want to run a macro that changes the height of the list box, change the height of the list box by setting it to a value instead of calculating the height in an operation.
The following sample line of code fails:
ListBox1.Height = ListBox1.Height + 10
However, the following sample line of code works correctly:
ListBox1.Height = 80
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: XL97
Keywords: kbbug kbprogramming KB172342