Microsoft KB Archive/172266
Article ID: 172266
Article Last Modified on 1/7/2000
- MSPRESS Microsoft FrontPage 97 Step by Step ISBN 1-57231-336-6
This article was previously published under Q172266
This article contains comments, corrections, and information on known errors relating to the Microsoft Press book "Microsoft FrontPage 97 Step by Step," ISBN 1-57231-336-6.
- Back Cover: "Running MS FrontPage 97" does not exist
- Page xxii: Lesson 2 files in Other folder, not Lesson2
- Page 98: Can't create hyperlink with steps given
- Lesson 6: Exhibits.htm is unnecessary extra file
- Page 149: frpachyd.htm not saved to \Exhibits directory
- Page 249: 'Appendix D' should be 'Appendix C'
Back Cover: "Running MS FrontPage 97" Does Not Exist
The title "Running Microsoft FrontPage 97," pictured on the back cover of "Microsoft FrontPage 97 Step by Step," is not currently published or planned by Microsoft Press.
Change Back cover picture of "Running Microsoft FrontPage 97" To cover picture of "Running Microsoft Office 97"
Page xxii: Lesson 2 files in Other folder, not Lesson2
Page xxii shows a list of folders and files contained on the CD-ROM. The list shows a Lesson 2 section. However, the Lesson 2 files are actually stored in a folder named "Other".
Some customers have reported that the steps on page 98 of Microsoft FrontPage 97 Step by Step do not successfully create a hyperlink to the Capat photo.
Microsoft Press has not been able to reproduce this error. However, we are continuing to investigate the problem and have created the following alternative set of directions for our customers who were not able to successfully complete the steps on pages 98-99.
Replace the steps under the "Create a Link" heading on page 98 with the following steps:
- In the All Hyperlinks pane of the FrontPage Explorer window, click the Pachyderms page.
- Double-click the Pachyderms page in the Hyperlinks For pane.
- Right-click Picture to display a short menu of options.
- Click Image Properties.
- Click the Default Hyperlink tab, and then click Browse. The Create Hyperlink dialog box appears.
- In the Create Hyperlink dialog box, select the current FrontPage web if it is not already selected, and click Browse.
- Click Capat.htm and click OK. Click OK in the Image Properties dialog box to close it.
- To test the link, click Picture to select it, and then on the Tools menu, click Follow Hyperlink.
- On the File menu, click Exit, and then click Yes.
Lesson 6: Exhibits.htm Is Unnecessary Extra File
Exhibits.htm appears with several broken links when viewing the Lesson 6 Web site with the Microsoft FrontPage Explorer. This file is not used by Lesson 6, and should be completely disregarded for this lesson.
Page 149: Frpachyd.htm Not Saved to \Exhibits folder
The Frames Wizard in Microsoft FrontPage 97 will only allow you to save an HTML file to the root directory of the FrontPage web you are currently working in. Consequently, after following the steps to create frpachyd.htm, the file will be saved to the root directory of the Lesson 7 web.
In the sample FrontPage webs included with "Microsoft FrontPage 97 Step by Step," other HTML files with frames are located in the Exhibits subfolder in the Lesson 7 web. Frpachyd.htm appears in Exhibits subfolder of the practice webs in Lesson 8 and beyond.
Frpachyd.htm is also referenced in the Exhibits folder by exhibits.htm.
To move frpachyd.htm to the appropriate folder follow these steps:
- In FrontPage Explorer, click Folder View.
- Drag the frpachyd.htm file to the Exhibits folder.
Page 249: 'Appendix D' should be 'Appendix C'
Page 249, paragraph 3, sentence 2: Change: "For more information about Image Composer, see Appendix D."
To: "For more information about Image Composer, see Appendix C."
Additional query words: mspress ms_press press
Keywords: kbfix kbdocerr KB172266