Microsoft KB Archive/172142
Article ID: 172142
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172142
When you use Compaq's Insight Manager with Windows NT 3.51 or 4.0, it may generate the following Event ID:
According to Compaq technical support, this error may be caused by a user mode application sending a bad IOCTL packet to the Sysmgmt.sys driver. In addition, this error has also been caused by bad or defective SCSI cables/connectors and or improper termination.
To correct the problem:
- Verify that the latest SSD from Compaq is installed.
- Verify proper cabling and termination on the SCSI Bus.
The Compaq products discussed here are manufactured by Compaq Computer Corp., a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbsetup KB172142