Microsoft KB Archive/171777
Article ID: 171777
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171777
After you apply the post-Service Pack 3 Getadmin hotfix and run Getadmin.exe, a blue screen STOP 0xC000021A error message is displayed.
NOTE: The bugcheck parameters following the STOP code may be different for each system.
Anti-virus software running on the system at the time you install this hotfix may potentially cause this behavior. Some files may not be updated correctly because of the method in which the files are accessed by anti- virus software.
To resolve this problem, perform the following steps:
- Remove or disable any anti-virus software running on your system. Check your product documentation for details.
- Uninstall the Getadmin hotfix as follows:
- From the directory the Adminfixi.exe program was downloaded to, type Adminfixi -x. This extracts the files without running the hotfix installation.
- From this directory type:
HOTFIX -m -y
where -m equals unattended mode and -y equals uninstall. (Using the -y switch requires -m or q.)
- Reapply the Getadmin hotfix while the anti-virus is disabled or uninstalled.
For additional information about the Getadmin utility and the available hotfix, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
146965 GetAdmin Utility Grants Users Administrative Rights
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB171777