Microsoft KB Archive/171703
Article ID: 171703
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Plus! For Kids
This article was previously published under Q171703
This article provides steps to remove passwords for the Protect It! Owner Key and the Internet Ratings Supervisor in Microsoft Plus! For Kids. These steps are provided for administrative users who have forgotten one or both of these passwords.
To remove passwords for Protect It! or the Internet Ratings Supervisor from your computer, do the following:
- Put your Microsoft Plus! For Kids compact disc in the CD caddy (if needed), and then insert it into the CD-ROM drive.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box type the following line, and then click OK:
rundll32.exe d:\protect!\pireset.dll,reset 1
- Click the Protect It! or the Internet Ratings Supervisor check box to select the password you want to reset.
- Click OK.
The password for Protect It! or the Internet Ratings Supervisor will be removed, depending on which check box you selected. You will be asked to create a new password the next time you do one of the following:
- Run Protect It!
- Display the Content Advisor
- Enable/disable Internet Ratings
Removing or resetting these passwords does not remove or disable Protect It! restrictions on user profiles, nor does it disable Protect It! options or Internet Ratings for All Family Members.
Additional query words: kids kidsplus kidsplus! pack plus plus! ie censor censorship censoring pass word forget
Keywords: kbhowto kbusage KB171703