Microsoft KB Archive/171475
Article ID: 171475
Article Last Modified on 11/18/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171475
In Visual Basic 5.0, when the Borderstyle of a RichTextBox control is changed at run-time, the text of the RichTextBox is cleared.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start a new "Standard EXE" project.
- On the Project menu, click Components. Check "Microsoft RichTextBox Control 5.0."
- Add a RichTextBox control and a CommandButton to Form1.
Add the following code to the Click event of Command1:
If RichTextBox1.BorderStyle = 0 Then RichTextBox1.BorderStyle = 1 Else RichTextBox1.BorderStyle = 0 End If
- Press the F5 key to run the project.
- Type any text in the RichTextBox control and then click Command1. Note that the text of the RichTextBox is cleared.
Additional query words: rtf richtext
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171475