Microsoft KB Archive/171313
Article ID: 171313
Article Last Modified on 10/22/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171313
The slices of a 3-D pie chart may not be displayed correctly. You may experience one or more of the following problems:
- One slice of the pie may appear on top of another slice.
- One slice of the pie may appear inside another slice.
- The side of a pie slice may appear on top of another slice.
This behavior may occur when the following conditions are true:
- The 3-D pie chart contains a large slice that crosses both 0 and 180 degrees.
- At least one slice of the pie chart is exploded.
To correct this problem, install Microsoft Excel 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1).
To work around this problem, rotate the pie chart so that the largest slice does not cross both 0 and 180 degrees. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click to select the pie chart.
- On the Chart menu, click 3-D View.
- Click Rotate Left (or Rotate Right) then click Apply. Repeat this step until the chart appears correctly.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Excel 97 for Windows. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Excel 97 SR-1.
For additional information about SR-1, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
172475 OFF97: How to Obtain and Install MS Office 97 SR-1
For more information about rotating 3-D charts, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel Help, type the following text
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Change the view of a 3-D chart" topic.
Additional query words: XL97 cover over draw wedge sr1
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbchart KB171313