Microsoft KB Archive/171234
Article ID: 171234
Article Last Modified on 11/11/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171234
After you apply a user-defined chart type to a chart, Microsoft Excel 97 may fail to apply the specified colors to trendline equation labels in the chart.
This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
- You create a custom chart type for a chart based on data in a range of cells. -and-
- You specify a different color for each trendline label. -and-
- You apply the custom chart type to a chart based on data in a range of cells with more rows and/or columns than the range on which the original chart is based.
To work around this problem, reapply the custom chart type to the chart. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the chart.
- On the Chart menu, click Chart Type.
- Click the Custom Types tab.
- Click User-defined in the Select From box.
- Click the custom type that you created and click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: XL97
Keywords: kbchart kbprb KB171234