Microsoft KB Archive/170984
Article ID: 170984
Article Last Modified on 2/12/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 4.0a
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170984
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When using Microsoft Access 97 to check out an object, the Source Code Control Results dialog box remains open after the check out.
This behavior does not occur in other applications.
This behavior occurs the first time you check out an object in Microsoft Access 97. Each time the object is checked out thereafter, the Source Code Control (SCC) result dialog box will close automatically.
You will need to manually close the SCC result window after checking out an object for the first time.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start Microsoft Access 97.
- Open a database that is already under Source Code Control.
- Check out an object. Note that the Result window remains open.
For more information about using Source Code Control, search the Help Index for "Source Code Control," or ask the Microsoft Access 97 Office Assistant.
Additional query words: 4.00 4.0a 5.0
Keywords: kbprb kbui KB170984