Microsoft KB Archive/170982
Article ID: 170982
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170982
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
When you use the Label Wizard to create labels in Microsoft Access, you are not able to move field names to the next line of the label by pressing ENTER or ALT+ENTER.
To move a field name to the next line of the label in the wizard, you need to cut and then paste it.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- Use the Label Wizard to create a new report based on the Customers table.
- On the first screen of the wizard accept the defaults, and then click Next twice.
- On the screen that asks "What would you like on your mailing labels?" in the Available Fields: list box, double-click CustomerID and CompanyName.
- In the Prototype label list box, add three spaces between CustomerID and CompanyName.
- While the mouse pointer is between CustomerID and CompanyName, press ENTER or ALT+ENTER to try to place CompanyName on the next line.
Note that the CompanyName field cannot be moved to the next line by pressing ENTER or ALT+ENTER.
For more information about using the Label Wizard, search the Help Index for "Label wizard," and then "Create mailing and other types of labels," or ask the Microsoft Access 97 Office Assistant.
Keywords: kbprb KB170982