Microsoft KB Archive/170879
Article ID: 170879
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170879
In Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Service Pack (SP) 1 it is now possible for administrators to create multiple offline Address Books that remote users can use to obtain information about other users in their organization.
The Offline Address Book property page on the DS Site Configuration object has been enhanced to allow generation and manipulation of multiple offline Address Books.
NOTE: You must use a computer running Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Service Pack
- In the Exchange Administrator program, choose Configuration, and then double-click DS Site Configuration.
- Select the Offline Address Book tab.
- In the Offline Address Book Server box, select one of the servers in your site.
- To add containers for more offline Address Books, click Add.
- To generate multiple offline Address Books, click Generate All.
To use multiple offline Address Books in the client, follow these steps:
NOTE: The use of multiple offline Address Books requires at least Microsoft Exchange Client 5.0 SP1 or Microsoft Outlook version 8.02.
- Open the client offline.
- From the Tools Menu, choose Synchronize and then Download Address Book.
- Choose the level of detail you want with the Address Book and click the OK button.
- Choose from the list of Offline Address Books that you want to view.
Keywords: kbhowto KB170879