Microsoft KB Archive/170877
Article ID: 170877
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170877
In Word 97, when you double-click an equation that contains a horizontal brace character, the following error message appears:
To work around this problem, follow these steps to insert the Equation Editor object as an Enhanced Metafile:
- Open the document and click the Equation Editor Object.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste Special, and then click Picture (Enhanced Metafile).
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Word 97 for Windows. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Word 97 for Windows, Service Release 1.
For more information about the Equation Editor symbols and templates, do the following:
- Start the Equation Editor.
- On the Help menu, click Equation Editor Help Topics.
- On the Contents tab, double-click Reference Information.
- Click "Inserting mathematical templates in an equation" and then click "Inserting fence templates in an equation."
NOTE: If Equation Editor Help is not installed on your computer, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
120802 Office: How to Add/Remove a Single Office Program or Component
Additional query words: 8.0 3.0 office eq ee
Keywords: kbbug kbfix KB170877