Microsoft KB Archive/170645
Article ID: 170645
Article Last Modified on 10/22/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170645
When you open, and then close a file in Microsoft Excel 97, a menu command you previously added to a menu may disappear.
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- In Microsoft Excel version 5.0 or 7.0, you add a menu command by using the Menu Editor. -and-
- In Microsoft Excel 5.0 or 7.0, you create a Visual Basic for Applications macro that adds a new menu to a menu bar. -and-
- In Microsoft Excel 97, you open the file that contains the menu that you changed with the Menu Editor. -and-
- You run the macro you created in Microsoft Excel 5.0 or 7.0 that adds a new menu to a menu bar. -and-
- You close the file that contains the menu changes made by the Menu Editor in Microsoft Excel 5.0 or 7.0.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
157087 XL97: Cannot Modify or Delete Custom Menus
For more information about menu bars, click the Office Assistant, type customizing menu bars, click Search, and then click to view "Adding and managing menu bars and menu items."
NOTE: If the Assistant is hidden, click the Office Assistant button on the Standard toolbar. If Microsoft Help is not installed on your computer, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
120802 Office: How to Add/Remove a Single Office Program or Component
Keywords: kbprogramming kbprb KB170645