Microsoft KB Archive/170611
Article ID: 170611
Article Last Modified on 11/7/2002
- Microsoft Publisher 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170611
When you run Microsoft Publisher 97 setup on Microsoft Windows NT, and you are not part of the Administrator group for your computer, you receive the following error message:
followed by this message:
You must be a member of the Administrator group to install Publisher 97.
Method 1: Join the Administrator Group.
Ask your system administrator to add you to the Administrator group for your computer, using these steps:
- Determine the name of the computer on which you want to install Publisher 97, using these steps:
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Network Control Panel.
- Click the Identification tab.
- Write down the Computer Name.
- On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, enter the following information:
usrmgr <Computer Name>
- Click OK.
- Double-click Administrator group (at the bottom of User Manager).
- In the Local Group Properties dialog box, click Add.
- Select the correct domain and add the user to the Administrator group.
You should now be able to install Publisher 97.
Method 2: Have the system administrator install Publisher 97 for you.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbnetwork kbsetup kbprb KB170611