Microsoft KB Archive/170585
Article ID: 170585
Article Last Modified on 10/19/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170585
When you paste a chart object in Microsoft Excel, the left and top sides of the object may be clipped.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You copy a chart as a bitmap (BMP) picture.
- You paste the bitmap picture of the chart in a workbook or in another program.
To work around this problem, copy the chart as a picture instead of as a bitmap before you paste it. To copy the chart as a picture, follow these steps:
- Press and hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the chart to select it.
- Press and hold the SHIFT key again. On the Edit menu, click Copy Picture.
- In the Copy Picture dialog box, click Picture, and then click OK.
- Select the area in which you want to paste the chart. On the Edit menu, click Paste.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: XL97 chopped missing jicky hacked truncated cut off
Keywords: kbchart kbprb KB170585