Microsoft KB Archive/170414
Article ID: 170414
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170414
When you open a file that contains a line drawing object in a Microsoft Office 97 program, the line style may appear different from the style you expected.
This behavior occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You create a file that contains a line drawing object formatted as a thick, dashed line in a Microsoft Office 7.0 program.
- You open the file in a Microsoft Office 97 program.
This behavior is caused by changes in the Microsoft Office 97 file formats.
This behavior is by design in the Microsoft Office 97 programs listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about drawing objects, click the Index tab in the Help for the Microsoft Office 97 program you are working in, type the following text:
drawing objects, lines
and then double-click the selected text to go to the desired topic.
Additional query words: xldraw
Keywords: kbinterop kbprb KB170414