Microsoft KB Archive/170088
Article ID: 170088
Article Last Modified on 10/22/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170088
When you open a workbook that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Excel, and this workbook contains an xy (scatter) chart, the x- axis chart scaling may be changed so that the axis displays a greater time period.
This problem occurs when the Maximum value on the scaling tab is increased when you opened the file in Microsoft Excel 97.
To work around this problem, change the Maximum value of the x-axis. To do this, follow these steps:
- If the chart is embedded, click once on the chart to select it.
- Click once on any time that is displayed on the x-axis.
This step selects the x-axis.
- On the Format menu, click Selected Axis.
- In the Format Axis dialog box, click the Scale tab.
- Change the value in the Maximum box, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about axis scaling, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel Help, type the following text
chart axes, scale
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Change the scale of the value axis" topic.
Additional query words: XL97
Keywords: kbchart KB170088