Microsoft KB Archive/170033
Article ID: 170033
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170033
The age limit set for the "Age Limit for all folders on this Information Store" property will override the "All Replicas" property of a specific public folder. If there is an Age Limit for "This Replica," it works correctly and is not overridden by the IS PF Age Limit.
This is by design. Age limits on public folders can be set in the following locations:
- General Tab of the property page of the folder itself. The property is "Age Limit for Replica(s).
- The Age Limits property page of the Public Information Store object. The property is "Age Limits for all folders on this Information Store."
- The Age Limits property page, select the folder in the scroll window, then select modify. This will expose a window with properties for This replica and for All replicas. Note, by setting all replicas on this page is the same as point number 1.
The following is the order of priority:
- This Replica
- Age Limit for all folders on this Information Store
- All Replicas
The reasoning behind this order of priority is that both "This Replica" and "Age limits for all folders on this Information Store" are controls that affect one particular server. Having "All Replicas" override "Age limit for all folders in this Information" impacts multiple servers and makes it more difficult for administrators of those other servers to control their servers.
Keywords: kbprb kbusage KB170033