Microsoft KB Archive/169992
Article ID: 169992
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
This article was previously published under Q169992
When you try to run any of the PageWizard Design Assistants, you receive the following error message:
If you click OK, you receive an error message similar to this:
where <wizard name> represents the PageWizard you are attempting to run.
This error occurs when either of the following is true:
- You have more than one copy of the Threed.vbx file installed on your computer.
- An incompatible version of Threed.vbx overwrote the version of Threed.vbx that was installed by the Publisher Setup program.
To resolve this problem search your hard disk to determine if you have multiple copies of the Threed.vbx file. You should have only one copy located in the \Windows\System folder. If you find other copies of this file, rename them and then restart your computer.
If you have only one copy of the Threed.vbx file, or you still receive the error after restarting your computer, replace the file on your hard disk with the one located on the Publisher installation media. To do this, use the following steps:
- In Windows Explorer, open the \Windows\System folder.
- Change the name of the file Threed.vbx to something else, such as Threed.old.
- Insert the Publisher compact disc or Publisher Disk 1.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Click Microsoft Publisher 97 or Microsoft Publisher 95 in the list of installed programs, and then click Add/Remove.
- In the Maintenance Mode Setup dialog box, click Reinstall.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbwizard KB169992