Microsoft KB Archive/169906
Article ID: 169906
Article Last Modified on 4/7/2005
- Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.0
- Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball 1.0
- Microsoft Wheel Mouse 2.0
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.0
This article was previously published under Q169906
After you install the Microsoft IntelliMouse and the Microsoft IntelliPoint software in Microsoft Windows 95, you may not be able to scroll with the IntelliMouse wheel in Windows Explorer. When this symptom occurs, you can pan with the wheel, but you cannot scroll.
This behavior can occur for either of the following reasons:
- Hi-Jaak Pro or Hi-Jaak 95 Graphics Suite is installed on your computer.
These products load a device driver named Runner that disables the ability to scroll when you use the IntelliMouse wheel.
- The Reachout program is installed on your computer.
To work around this issue, use the appropriate method.
Hi-Jaak Software Is Running on the Computer
To work around this issue, use the following steps:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close Program dialog box.
- In the list of running programs, click Runner, and then click End Task.
If these steps resolve the problem, consult the Hi-Jaak product documentation or the program manufacturer for more assistance with this issue.
The Reachout Program Is Installed on the Computer
To resolve this issue, remove the Reachout program.
For information about how to remove the Reachout program, contact the manufacturer of the software.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Additional query words: 1.00 2.00 hijack intelli mouse point
Keywords: kbhardware kbprb kb3rdparty KB169906