Microsoft KB Archive/169887
Article ID: 169887
Article Last Modified on 11/17/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169887
When you type text into a cell of a Profitability Analysis workbook that you create with the Microsoft Small Business Financial Manager 97, the pound sterling currency symbol is replaced by the U.S. dollar sign.
This problem occurs when you do the following:
- You type text in the Revenue column of the Profitability Analysis workbook. -and-
- You then type a value in the cell.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, point to Clear, and then click Contents.
- Retype the value (not text) in the problem cell.
NOTE: The following Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications run-time error message appears:
- Click End.
The value is reformatted with the correct currency symbol.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: XL97
Keywords: kbprb KB169887