Microsoft KB Archive/169878
Article ID: 169878
Article Last Modified on 8/13/2007
- Microsoft Word 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2.0a
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2.0c
- Microsoft Word 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 6.0a
- Microsoft Word 6.0c
- Microsoft Word 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 95a
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169878
In the "Convert Text to Table" dialog box, if you change the default Column Width setting from Auto to another setting, you cannot click the arrow to change it back.
On the General tab of the Options dialog box, when you set the Measurement Units to Centimeters, the default value for Auto is 0.625 centimeters.
In the "Convert Text to Table" dialog box, clicking the up arrow in the Column Width box increases the setting to 0.63 centimeters. However, because this box can only display two decimal places, clicking the down arrow does not select the default Auto setting of 0.625 centimeters.
To select the Auto default setting, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click "Convert Text to Table."
- Delete the current setting in the Column Width box.
- Type auto.
- Click the down arrow in the Column Width box and click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: 2.0 6.0 7.0 97
Keywords: kbbug kbtable kbusage KB169878