Microsoft KB Archive/169543
Article ID: 169543
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169543
When you perform a mail merge to electronic fax using Microsoft Fax or some other fax software, a cover page is not sent with each fax.
Your fax software is not set up to send a cover page.
Before you perform the mail merge in Word, turn on the cover page option in your fax software. See your fax software documentation for instructions about how to do this.
If you are using Microsoft Fax, use these steps to select the Send Cover Page option:
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Mail And Fax icon.
- On the Services tab, click Microsoft Fax, and then click Properties.
- On the Message tab, under Default Cover Page, click to select the Send Cover Page check box, and then click OK.
NOTE: You can select which cover page you want to include with your fax.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
This functionality is by design. Microsoft Word cannot provide a cover sheet when you perform a mail merge. Microsoft Fax, or any other fax software, must provide the fax cover sheet.
For additional information, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
152196 How to Install and Use Microsoft Fax
160746 How to Get Windows 95 Fax Service to Work with Outlook Windows 98 Users.
187549 Microsoft Fax Does Not Appear in Add/Remove Programs
Additional query words: 8.0
Keywords: kbinterop kbother kbprb kbusage KB169543